Rob Fisher WA7RF
District Emergency Coordinator
The DEC is appointed by the SEC to supervise a district of EC jurisdictional units. The duties of the DEC are to:
- Coordinate the training, organization and emergency participation of EC's in the area of jurisdiction.
- Make local decisions in the absence of the SEC or through coordination with the SEC concerning the allotment of available amateurs and equipment during an emergency.
- Coordinate the interrelationship between local emergency plans and between communications networks within the area of jurisdiction.
- Act as backup for local areas without an EC and assist in maintaining contact with governmental and other agencies in the area of jurisdiction.
- Provide direction in the routing and handling of emergency communications of either a formal or tactical nature, with specific emphasis being placed on Welfare traffic.
- Recommend EC appointments to the SEC
- Coordinate the reporting and documentation of ARES activities in the area of jurisdiction.
- Act as a model emergency communicator as evidenced by dedication to purpose, reliability and understanding of emergency communications.
- Be fully conversant in National Traffic System routing and procedures as well as have a thorough understanding of the locale and role of all vital governmental and volunteer agencies that could be involved in an emergency.